Strawberry Gin Spritz with Comté Skewers
- 4 strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 1½ oz gin (optional)
- 2 oz seltzer
- ½ slice Comté, 1 small strawberry, 1x2” strip of lemon peel, and a sprig thyme
- Make the garnishes: spear a thick cut of Comté with a strawberry and a strip of lemon peel on a cocktail pick. Set aside.
- Purée the strawberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a blender, then strain them with a metal sieve.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the strawberry mix and gin, if you’re using it.
- Shake for 30 seconds. Fill a highball glass with ice and strain cocktail over.
- Top with seltzer. Slap the thyme to release the oils, and garnish the cocktail with the thyme and Comté skewer.