Comté Stuffed Pretzels with Applewood Smoked Bacon & Scallion
- 4 Frozen Soft Pretzels, thawed
- ½ Cup of Shredded Comté (Be sure to cut off the rind before shredding
- 1 Egg
- ⅛ Cup of Milk (You can also substitute Crème Fraîche)
- 2 Strips of Bacon or Diced Ham
- 1 Sprig of Scallion, diced
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Mustard for Dipping (we served with a side of Dijon Mustard and a side of Creole Mustard)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the rind from the block of Comté and shred ½ cup.
- Whisk one egg, the shredded Comté, and ⅛ cup of milk or Crème Fraîche. Spoon mixture over thawed pretzels.
- Sprinkle bacon, scallions, and extra Comté on top of pretzels.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and pretzels are golden brown. Let rest until cooled.
- Serve with your favorite mustard and enjoy!