Raspberry, Apple and Comté Pizza with Balsamic Glaze
Serves: 1 pizza - 4-6 servings
- 1lb pizza dough (premade)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8-9 oz., approximately 2½ cups grated Comté cheese
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Add butter and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and toss to coat. Sauté for 15-20 minutes until it starts to caramelize.
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 425˚F. (A metal baking sheet will work as well, but not necessary to preheat.)
- Roll out your pizza dough into a 12-inch round, and pre-cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread remaining olive oil and sprinkle on the minced garlic.
- Layer on the caramelized onions and Comté cheese, followed by the apple slices and the raspberries.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan across the top and pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes until toasted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.