Easy Comté & Sweet Potato Soufflé
Recipe type: side dish
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (2-3 large potatoes), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces Comté, shredded (about 1 cup, packed)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and immediately transfer them to a food processor with the butter. Process until smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, pepper and heavy cream, along with 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse until mixed. Add the eggs and process until light and fluffy. Add half of the Comté and pulse until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared casserole dish; smooth out the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining Comté over the top, followed by the chopped pecans. Bake 20 minutes, or until puffed and light golden around
- the edges.